Thursday, July 21, 2011

Facebook is the new black...

It's no secret that Facebook is the way to let everybody everywhere know everything there is to know about you... am I right or am I right? Over the past few months, since becoming a mom, my status updates have cracked me up. If not for other's enjoyment, at least, they make myself and Cory laugh. So, to save a few of them for posterity and just good ole fashion giggles, I'm adding some here so that we can always look back at the first 11 weeks of my right of passage into motherhood...

5/2/2011 -
I'm a mommy and I love her so much!!!

5/4/2011 -
We get to take our baby girl Alessandra home today!!!

We are home, (sorta) settled, but def exhausted, with our baby girl Alessandra/Alex/Hollywood. We wanted to thank everyone from the bottom of our baby filled hearts and say that we love and appreciate all of you and your Congratulations, well wishes, and words of encouragement. We are in for a crazy ride with this little girl!

5/6/2011 - One of the most precious things that I've witnessed since giving birth to Alex, is watching how smitten Cory is with his baby girl, seeing the "Daddy's girl" bond develop and grow... and watching all of the "girlie rules" that Cory tried so hard to implement, slip away with every pout of her bottom lip...

5/8/2011 -
It's hard to believe that my baby girl Alessandra was due today... So happy she was early!
Happy Mommy's Day to me and to all the beautiful and wonderful mommies out there! Enjoy the weekend, enjoy your children and families!

I'm proud to announce that at only 5 days old, we have our first projectile poop explosion! Luckily, daddy was quick with the wipey, so the only casualty was the changing pad cover. After all was said and done and clean, she peed.


5/11/2011 - First, she wakes me up at 2:45am, acting ravenous to feed, only to pass out after barely a minute. Then on diaper duty, she decides that a little poo redecorating is in order for the walls. Of course, as I attempt to feed her again, she looks up at me, smiles, and grabs my finger... I'm in love.
I love hearing Cory sing to Alessandra to calm her down for sleepy time... Especially when it's our wedding song. :)

5/20/2011 -
Wow they weren't kidding about breast feeding and weight loss. Two and a half weeks since my daughter was born and I'm below my pre-prego weight! Now if only breast feeding could lift and tighten everything up again...

5/28/2011 -
My babygirl graduated out of her newborn sleepers and newborn diapers... Happy that she's thriving, but getting bigger already???

6/2/2011 -
Happy One Month to our baby girl Alessandra - (aka Alex; aka Hollywood) love of my life!!! and...Happy first Birthday to our little Winnie - the cutest and toughest little Yorkie girl ever!!!

6/4/2011 -
Excited and nervous for date night tonight... First extended time away from Alex... I'd like to say that I'll just get really tipsy to make the anxiety go away, but...

6/7/2011 -
My kid has this thing where she grunts, then throws her fist in the air while jutting out her bottom jaw when she really wants something (like to eat)... Am I a totally bad mommy for letting this go a few extra seconds because it makes me giggle? I mean, isn't this why we have kids in the first place? :)

6/11/2011 -
This is how tired my husband is... I'm holding the baby trying to get her to go to sleep. He calls the dogs to go for a potty break. "Alessandra and Gizmo, let's go potty!" The other dog's name is Winnie...

6/12/2011 -
Cory woke up this morning, looked at Alessandra, who has Smith cheeks and sorta looks like him, and said..."I'd be cute as a Filipino girl."
I die...

6/14/2011 -
Hollywood was being particularly fussy the other night. I sat her up against me while I was looking at the new Victoria's Secret summer SHOE sale catalog that had just arrived in the mail. All of a sudden, she quieted down. Cory and I looked down at the baby to see her staring at the catalog, mesmerized by all the shoes.
She IS her Mother's daughter... Cory is very worried.

Alex woke up from her afternoon nap to see that her daddy had just come home from work. When she heard his voice, she had this huge smile on her face and started to laugh. It's moments like these where I wish we had a camera crew...


6/19/2011 - To all the Daddys out there, to my wonderful daddy, and of course, to my amazing husband and baby daddy, Cory, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! Hope all of your children/grandchildren smother you with lots of love, hugs, kisses, and tee times!!! :)

6/20/2011 -
Cory came up with a new "ethnic background checkbox" for Alessandra...
Fili-Polish American ... Hahaha!

6/25/2011 -
At almost 7 weeks old, Miss Alessandra (aka Hollywood) is 12.3 lbs and 23.5 in long. 90th percentile for both. Her pediatrician said that she'll be a tall girl... Taller than mommy is all I can ask for, which isn't much. I expect nothing less from her Smith genes! :)

6/29/2011 -
Why does my baby girl like to grab her hair while she's eating? She's gonna turn into a hair twirler, isn't she?

6/30/2011 - HOLY EIGHT HOURS OF SLEEP BATMAN, LIL MISS ALEX SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! (now everybody please hope and pray that it happens again...)

7/2/2011 - Happy Two Months to my precious baby girl!!! (...and she slept through the night again!!!)

7/7/2011 -
Lolo was over to visit Alex... He was holding her as she stared at him and flashed one of her heartwarming smiles... And my dad said, "How can you not fall in love with her?"
I can't disagree... :)

7/8/2011 -
I loved you the minute I heard you were coming. I loved you the minute you were born. Then I saw your face and fell in love some more. You were only a minute old, but I knew I would die for you & to this day I still would. When you choose to have a child, you make a conscious decision to allow your heart to walk around outside of your body. Put this on your status if you have children you love more than life itself.

7/9/2011 -
I'm listening to Cory and Alessandra have their morning "conversation" about how she loves to wait for the clean diaper before unleashing another round... He opens the diaper, I hear the baby laugh, and Cory says, "Oh my... That is Juicy Couture! At least that's what I think of those clothes."

7/10/2011 -
I put a 3mo onesie on Alessandra today, and noticed that it was a little snug. So I'll be putting all the 6mo stuff into the rotation... My kid is only 10 weeks old (tomorrow). ;)

7/11/2011 -
Oh... AND my kid has resorted to shoving her whole fist into her mouth to tell me that she's hungry. I guess that's better than that blood curdling scream she has perfected over the last 10 weeks.

7/13/2011 -
So it has been almost two full weeks of Alex sleeping 8+ hours through the night... Hallelujah! We have yet to move her to her nursery. Call me crazy, but I am having difficulties "cutting the cord". Any other mommies go through this?

7/15/2011 -
So Lolo came to pick up Alessandra to babysit her for the rest of the day while we do Round #2 of Disneyland with the rest of the Smith clan... They just left, and I started to cry... Really? :(

7/20/2011 -
Lolo just made Alex laugh for the first time... And I mean a real legitimate baby laugh! It was so precious! (too bad I didn't catch it on video)

So, I was never a singer growing up... it's probably better for everyone if they don't hear my attempts at singing. But now that I am a mommy, I find myself doing whatever I can to calm my babygirl down when it's time to sleep... like singing anything from Disney movie soundtracks to Broadway musicals to the latest Britney Spears single (which I get in trouble for)... but hey, whatever works, right?


7/21/2011 - So... Major POOTASTROPHE this morning. The little one had a wee early morning poop in her sleep. Since it was still a few hours before her normal wake up time, I decided to change her in her bassinet so she wouldn't wake up. Can you see where this is going? Just as I was about to pull the dirty diaper out, BOOM, all over the bassinet. Oh and she woke up...at least she woke up laughing. And then...
now in the nursery in the changing pad, as I'm about to close up the new clean diaper, she pees, all over me and the changing pad. And then... As I was about to close the next new diaper, she decided to empty her bowels one more time, all over my hand, all over the changing pad. All before 6am... At least she was smiling the whole time.

That's all for now... will add more in a few months!

No comments: