Thursday, July 30, 2009

V is for VICTORIA

As a woman... you dream about the day that you will walk down the aisle, in the gorgeous white gown, with the vibrant flowers, people smiling, slowly making your way to the love of you life, and to say "I do"... You never really think about the day that you'll have to endure the lines at the Social Security office and the DMV to change your name. At least, I never did!

But, here we are. It's been almost 3 months since the glorious day where I went from Annaliza Guico Victoria to Annaliza Victoria Smith. The time elapsed has nothing to do with a non-desire to change my name... I really have been busy at work and unable to leave to spend my afternoon in lines.

Alas, yesterday, my husband, Mr. Cory Smith, asked me, "Are you ever gonna change your name?" So, today it is! My boss is traveling on business, I've got most of my projects moving along, my payroll girl keeps asking when she can change my name on my paycheck and buy my new name plate and business cards... and if I don't get this done before our first anniversary, there won't be a first anniversary to celebrate... HAHAHA! Cory is gonna come with me... we're gonna make a lunch date out of it... awwww.

Anyhoo... so this is it folks. The last day you can refer to me as Annaliza Victoria. I mean come on, it's my family name, I've lived with it for the past (almost) 33 years... and, let's face it... it sounds cooler. =) I will always be a Victoria at heart, but now I am a Smith.

Or as Cory likes to call my... Lil Smitty...

No comments: